Monday, June 24, 2013

Monica is reading in Saudi Arabia

1 – 1 of 1
Blogger Monica Deschapell said...
I just finished reading the book If I Stay, by Gayle Forman, and I will admit that I cried through most of it. I found that it was a very heart-rending book to read and one that will relate to teens. If you do decide to read this novel however, it would be best to do it in private, unless you're okay with people seeing you break down into tears. Be sure to also read The Story Behind The Story in the back of the book.
***
I felt the same way, Monica! There's a sequel to it too, Where She Went. -- Ms. T


I've just recently read it, and I understand why it's always checked out. It's an amazing book that has some really interesting perspectives to things. It really challenges you to look at stuff in ways you don't normally tend to which, in my opinion, made it a great read.

Monica:
A few days ago My family and I camped out with a group in the desert. It was really fun and we all had a great time.

Ms. T
It hasn't been very desert-like here! It's been pouring torrents every day this week -- rainbows one minute, and run for shelter the next.

4 comments:

  1. I recently went to an event where I met the Venezuelan, Mexican, and Cuban ambassadors. We took some photos and talked to them for a bit. It was an interesting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few days ago My family and I camped out with a group in the desert. It was really fun and we all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you like the Carl Hiaasen novels, then be sure to read Chomp, one of the sunshine states this year for middle schools. It was a fun book to read, like all of his works are, with some serious notes carried out through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Expectations was a required reading for anyone going into English honors this year. The notorious book actually does have a bit of an interesting story, if you can get past all the words and old English. If you do decide to read it, be sure to listen to it on audiobook while you're doing so. This helps in understanding the novel more.

    ReplyDelete