Monday, June 17, 2013

This just in from Monica:

My family and I have been in Saudi Arabia for a couple of days now. We spent about a month here last summer, and that is what we are doing again now. As you can imagine, it's very different from Florida. There are some buildings around that marks this place as Riyadh, but besides that it's all sand. This sand is not the soft, white silky sand we have at our beaches, but gritty and yellow (almost like dirt). If you look outside your windows here you can see that the air and sky has a yellowish hue from all the sand that is in the air. I guess that's all for now, but I'll continue to post about Saudi and maybe do some book reviews while I'm here. ~Monica

Yeesh, dirty gritty sand. Thanks for helping me enjoy our beautiful beaches a little more as our incredibly hot summer weather starts up, Monica. And I can see that yellowish hue around the horizon.




I just finished reading John Green's Paper Towns, and I have to admit I didn't quite like the ending as much as 17 Katherines. But he is still always very fun, and I'm looking forward to reading The Fault in Our Stars if I can ever get my hands on a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment